Saturday, June 27, 2009

On FIRE for Jesus!

Well, yes, she finally returned from camp a totally renewed young lady! Like I mentioned before, this was the first overnight camp that she has been to and didn't want to go. Of course, when it was time to come home, she wanted to stay longer! lol The first thing on the list of things to do was to get a decent meal. The cafeteria food wasn't that good....I guess it never is. And then I had to go to Lifeway Christian bookstore and pick up a few things. Like; a new 'teen' bible (since the one she had was a bit on the little girl side), and a few daily devotionals (one for her, one for me, and one as a gift).

She really likes it and is so far reading every day. I am so impressed by her each and every day. She has changed so much this year and even though it has been hard (WOW!...What an understatement!!!) I am so loving the new and improved 'her'. Good night for now and thanks so much for stopping by to listen to my blubbering! LOL ~Hugs, Cheri

3 comments:

Elizabeth Sanchez said...

thnx for following my blog!!!

EverydayMe said...

So happy she had a great time... and it's always great when they come back changed... will have to look into that Bible... it's looks different... {{HUGS}} Michelle

SallyB said...

Hi there...Just catching up with some followers and saw your post on your daughter going away to Camp... My daughter starts her last year at Primary School next month and next June they do an activity week away in the New Forest. About an hour and a half away from our house. Walking, Climbing, Canoeing etc...pretty scary to be without them. I am not looking forward to it at all.
Good to hear she enjoyed herself!